All the answers you seek are already inside you, I am simply here to help you find them. I commend you for being here because reaching out for counseling support is not easy.
My name is Ida, I am a doctoral student at Alliant International University and a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist here at Estes Therapy in San Diego. I utilize Emotionally Focused Therapy (EFT) with couples who feel stuck in ongoing patterns of disconnection, in addition to individuals who feel like they may have lost their way. I welcome working with couples from all walks of life, monogamous or consensually non-monogamous, and members of the kink community.
I take a holistic approach by challenging you to look at your underlying patterns and building awareness around them. I strive to help you pull out your weeds by the root so that they are unable to grow back. I am also trained in mindfulness and mindfulness self-compassion, Accelerated Experiential Dynamic Psychotherapy (AEDP), and Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR). EMDR is most commonly used for treating trauma, but has benefits for those facing anxiety, depression, phobias, and other areas where you are feeling stuck. Furthermore, I incorporate the body and somatic therapy to give my clients the most transformative experience I can.
Life is full of obstacles and traumas that knock us down, and we may lose so much of ourselves through those experiences. At the same time, we repeat what we do not repair. We may grow from our experiences if we cope with them in a healthy way. There are things in life we cannot control; all we can do is learn and grow from them. That is where I come in. Sometimes we need to break down in order to break through. It would be an honor to guide you through your journey of empowerment and transformation.
I want scheduling to be easy for you. I offer individual counseling and marriage therapy sessions in the evenings and on the weekends. Please reach out to me and we can talk more about my therapy services and how I work as a therapist.
Emotionally Focused Therapy (EFT) Training:
- Completed The Emotionally Focused Therapy (EFT) Externship
- Completed The Emotionally Focused Therapy (EFT) Core Skills
Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR)
- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR) Basic Training
Accelerated Experiential Dynamic Psychotherapy (AEDP)
- Accelerated Experiential Dynamic Psychotherapy (AEDP) for Couples: The Anatomy of Intimacy
- Accelerated Experiential Dynamic Psychotherapy (AEDP) Immersion
- Accelerated Experiential Dynamic Psychotherapy (AEDP) Essential Skills 1
- Bring Body to Therapy
- Mindfulness and Spirituality Workshop
- Phoenix Rising Yoga Therapy Level 1
- Using Yoga with Mental Health
- Mindfulness Certificate Course
- Trauma-Informed Yoga Workshop
- Mindfulness and Self-Compassion Training course
Topics of Focus
- Mind body connection
- Mindfulness self compassion
If you would like to schedule a counseling session in San Diego with Ida Fariba, please give us a call at 619-558-0001 or schedule with her online.