You can get the help you want and be sensitive to your wallet. It is true!
Looking for an individual or couples therapist in San Diego can already be a difficult task. You may struggle to find a therapist that you connect with, or feel anxious to finally take the plunge. Moreover, a harder part of starting counseling can be finding affordable quality counseling that best fits your needs. Take a look around the website and see if we’d be a fit. We offer both affordable individual personal counseling and affordable relationship counseling. We understand the importance of therapy and we want to have an open door for everyone. Whether you are looking for individual therapy or couples counseling, we have it here for you.
Schedule with our 2-step process. It is quick, easy, and low-cost!
Step 1: Choose your therapist
We have a few low-fee counseling slots available for those who can’t afford the regular rates. Check out the list of our available therapists. Each therapist has a personalized bio to help you learn more about them, how they work and their specialties.
Step 2: Give us a call or schedule online!
Give us a call or text us to schedule the affordable counseling session at 619-558-0001. Our clinical administrator will walk you through the process and help you get set up! Or you can schedule online by clicking on the “virtual low fee counseling” option.
Affordable counseling San Diego!
Individual Counseling – Self-growth, anxiety, depression, self-esteem, etc.
- We cover a variety of issues and problems in individual counseling sessions, for example: low self-esteem, anxiety, communication issues, addiction, severe stress (post traumatic or not), body image issues, life transitions, low mood or motivation, and loneliness. Together, you and your therapist will work as a team to explore the issues in your life that are keeping you from enjoying satisfying relationships and blocking your personal growth, and jointly create a plan for your treatment.
Couples Therapy – Communication, trust, conflict resolution, etc.
- There are many reasons to seek couples counseling. For example, you may feel ‘stuck’, are dealing with issues of infidelity, or are simply needing a higher level of understanding and communication. At Estes Therapy, we can help you learn how to create a stronger relationship through couples counseling that uses research-based techniques that have been proven to work.
Premarital Counseling – Preparation, communication
- As relationship therapists in San Diego who focus on couples counseling, we can help you use your engagement to grow closer to one another, work as a team, and enjoy each moment leading up to the big day and beyond. Prepare as a couple for a solid marriage using our premarital package. You will learn the tools to understand your strengths and improve your areas of growth.
LGBTQIA Counseling – Coming out, premarital counseling, LGBTQ affirmative therapy
- Our LGBT counseling team provides both individual and couples therapy in San Diego. Together we will deal with your coming out experiences, coping with your family’s reaction, and how your sexual identity may influence your religious, cultural, ethnic, or other identities. We provide LGBTQ affirmative therapy that embraces a positive view of Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Asexual, and Queer identities and relationships.
Online Therapy – Telehealth – Therapy from the comfort of your home
- Telehealth is counseling conducted via videoconference or telephone in lieu of face-to-face in-office counseling. It is confidential and HIPAA secure using a video conferencing platform specifically designed for therapy.
Our mission is to make a difference and help all people in our neighborhood. Above all, we hope to ease the financial barriers that may keep you from getting the help that you need.
Looking for Resources In Between Sessions?
We understand that weekly and bi-weekly sessions just aren’t in the cards for everyone. If your schedule or budget won’t allow for regular counseling sessions, don’t fret! We have a list of great resources to help you out in between your appointments:
- Estes Therapy Communication Toolkit-This workbook is your opportunity to set aside all distractions and focus on nurturing the relationships in your life. This e-book will help you gain the tools to learn and practice healthy communication from the comfort of your own home. This is a great way to supplement your therapy sessions and put what you’ve learned into practice, regardless of how often you are able to work with a professional.
- Additional Reading There are a number of great books in our online store to aid you in your therapy journey. Reading up on different mental health topics is a great way to keep up on prioritizing your wellbeing when you can’t talk to a therapist. Ask your therapist for specific recommendations and we will be happy to suggest best options for your unique scenario.
Mental Health Apps
These are just a few great apps available on both Android and iOS devices that provide a variety of valuable resources, with most content free of charge. Consult with your therapist for which app might be best suited to your needs:
- Couply – This app helps to keep the spark in your relationship burning with couples quizzes, daily conversation starters, and relationship advice.
- Headspace – A meditation app with sessions that can be completed in as little as 10 minutes, focusing on everything from stress and anxiety to sleep and general wellness.
- Insight Timer – A meditation app covering all mental health topics and featuring guided meditations, soothing audio for calm and sleep, and multi-day courses.
- DrinkControl – This app helps you to better understand your relationship with alcohol by tracking your intake and converting it into standard units of alcohol. You will see how much money you spend and calories you consume with your drinks.
- I Am Sober – Join a community of individuals struggling with addiction and striving for sobriety. This app helps you to connect with others that are going through the same journey with sobriety as you are.
Ways to Prioritize Your Well-Being
- Have plans lined up for the weeks in between your sessions. Having a standing weekly movie date, support group, or coffee with a friend will help to anchor you. As a result, this will bring structure to the weeks when you cannot see your therapist. Any activity that you can line up that will bring joy to your week is highly encouraged and always beneficial.
- Keep a journal of your emotions. This serves as a useful way to track your triggers and help you to sort through why you may experience certain feelings. For example, you may feel sadness, anger, or depression in response to different scenarios. Writing out your feelings is a great way to get harmful or damaging thoughts out of your head in a tangible way. Moreover, it can help to identify the root of your triggers. This is especially helpful when you are not able to speak directly with someone about them.
LOW-FEE COUNSELING and LOW-COST THERAPY SERVICES ARE AVAILABLE. YOU JUST HAVE TO ASK. Whether you are looking for marriage counseling or individual counseling, give us a call at 619-558-0001 and ask about our low fee slot.