This video course provides research-based answers to this topic of communication. Through watching it, you’ll:
- Get tangible tools on communication must-haves for your relationship
- Change your relationship communication with your partner
- Learn how to get your partner to listen to you
- Learn how to get your partner to stop shutting down and being defensive
- Learn how to get your partner to stop blaming and criticizing you
- Understand at a deep level what’s underneath your communication struggles with your partner
- Change your overall pattern of communication with your partner (your cycle)
- Receive research-based communication tips to stop arguments with your partner
- Learn how to reconnect with your partner when communication gets difficult instead of turning away
- Learn how to have healthy communication in your relationship
This focus on communication is what inspired this video, and tackling this big theme is why this video course is a lengthy one. This video course is an hour long, and comes with 5 additional downloadable worksheets on couples communication to further your learning. We have added in additional youtube videos for supplemental learning as well. This video course is great for folks who want a deeper dive into understanding the research behind the topic of communication with their partner, as well as research based tips and tricks to have healthy communication in their relationships.
- Communication basics – what you need to know to start feeling better fast.
- How to know when you both are freaking out and how to calm each other down (what we call your cycle)!
- How to get your partner to stop blaming, criticism, yelling (here we will focus on one side of your relationship dynamic).
- How to get your partner to stop withdrawing and engage with you AND how to stop your partner from being defensive (here we will focus on the other side of your relationship dynamic).
- How to talk from the heart rather than talking from the head – How to get what you need from your partner (here we will focus on accessing deeper emotions and needs).
This video course was made by both Jackie Wielick and Jennine Estes. Jackie Wielick is a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist in the state of California, and she has worked at Estes Therapy for 5 years. Her work focuses on attachment, emotions, and relationships, using research-based techniques to help her clients reach their goals fast. Jennine Estes is a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist in the state of California, and the supervisor, founder, owner, and CEO of Estes Therapy! She has been seeing clients and helping couples since 2004. Her passion for her work lies in helping clients in their relationships, and she is certified in Emotionally Focused Therapy (EFT). She is highly sought after for her work with couples and EFT.
Both of us wanted to create this video as a way to conveniently provide some research-based, quick explanations and tips to those suffering from this experience to reach a wide population of folks who may or may not have access to therapy. This video course is a great tool whether you are in therapy or not – if you are in therapy, your therapist can help you execute the skills you learn in this video at a deeper level. If you are not in therapy, this video course is a great way to gain insights and knowledge and skills for deeper, more improved communication with your partner from your own home. We are proud of you for working towards healthy communication with your partner, and we are thrilled to share this with you!