GSRD stands for Gender, Sexual, and Romantic Diversity. It is an umbrella term encompassing all people whose gender, sexual orientation, or romantic orientation is not cisgender, heterosexual, or monogamous. This includes people who are transgender, non-binary, genderqueer, bisexual, pansexual, asexual, aromantic, and many others.
The term GSRD is becoming increasingly popular as a way to be more inclusive of all people with diverse gender, sexual, and romantic identities. It is a more accurate and respectful way to refer to people who are not cisgender, heterosexual, or monogamous.
If you are unsure how to refer to someone, it is always best to ask them what they prefer. You can also use gender-neutral terms like “they” and “them” until you know the person’s preferred pronouns.
What is GSRD Counseling?
We often have people asking about GSRD (gender, sexual, or relationship diversity) counseling, and we thought we should explain more about our GSRD counseling services. Some people know of the term GSRD, and some do not. It is a type of therapy that is specifically designed for people who identify as LGBTQ+ or who have gender, sexual, or relationship diversity. GSRD counselors are trained to understand the unique challenges and experiences of these populations, and they can provide support for a wide range of issues, including:
- Coming out
- Dealing with family and friends who are not supportive
- Experiencing discrimination or violence
- Coping with mental health challenges
- Exploring gender identity and expression
- Navigating relationships
- Making decisions about transition
At Estes Therapy, our GSRD counselors are committed to creating a safe and affirming space for their clients. They understand that coming to therapy can be a daunting experience, and they are there to provide support and guidance. If you are looking for a counselor who understands your unique experiences, GSRD counseling at Estes Therapy may be a good option for you.
Here are some of the benefits of GSRD counseling:
- GSRD counselors are trained to understand the unique challenges and experiences of LGBTQ+ people.
- The counselors can support a wide range of issues, including coming out, dealing with family and friends who are not supportive, experiencing discrimination or violence, coping with mental health challenges, exploring gender identity and expression, navigating relationships, and making decisions about the transition.
- GSRD counselors are committed to creating a safe and affirming space for their clients.
If you want to start counseling in San Diego, we have our Mission Valley and Oceanside offices. We provide in-person and virtual counseling services.
There are many reasons why you might choose to go to counseling at Estes Therapy. Here are a few:
- You’re struggling with a mental health issue. Estes Therapy offers counseling for a wide range of mental health issues, including anxiety, depression, stress, grief, and addiction.
- You’re in a difficult relationship. Estes Therapy can help you and your partner improve your communication, resolve conflict, and build a stronger relationship.
- You’re going through a major life change. Estes Therapy can help you cope with changes like divorce, job loss, or the death of a loved one.
- You’re simply looking for a place to talk. Estes Therapy offers a safe and confidential space where you can talk about anything that’s on your mind.
No matter what your reason for seeking counseling, Estes Therapy can help. Our team of experienced therapists is dedicated to providing you with the support you need to reach your goals.
Our team makes it easy for you to get the counseling you need.
- Flexible scheduling. Estes Therapy offers a variety of appointment times to fit your busy schedule.
- Convenient locations. Estes Therapy has offices in San Diego and Oceanside, making it easy to find a location that’s convenient for you.
- Affordable rates. Estes Therapy offers a sliding scale fee schedule to make counseling more affordable for everyone.
If you’re thinking about seeking counseling, I encourage you to reach out to Estes Therapy. We provide GSRD counseling services in San Diego. Not only is our team an ally, but the owner is in a same-sex relationship. We can help you find the support you need to live a happier, healthier life.