Paying for therapy shouldn’t be a guessing game, and I want to be upfront with how much counseling costs. Not only can you budget for your counseling sessions ahead of time, you also get to pick the right support for your case. There are five options.
- Option 1: $200 per session: You can meet with Jennine Estes (that’s me!), a licensed Marriage and Family Therapist, for $200 per therapy session and each session is for 50-minutes long. Some people meet with me once a week, other people meet with me every other week or once a month. It all depends on your particular needs.
- Option 2: $150 per session: You can meet with a licensed Marriage and Family Therapist, for $150 per therapy session and each session is for 50-minutes long. Some people meet with me once a week, other people meet with me every other week or once a month
- Option 3: $135-$150 per session: You can meet with an Associate Marriage and Family Therapist (graduated with their master’s degree in Marriage and Family Therapy and currently working on gaining their clinical hours for licensure in California) for $135-150 per counseling session. The associates receive my direct supervision and I over see each clinical case… basically, you are getting two therapists to focus on your situation at the cost of one intern. Learn more here: What is an Associate MFT?
- Option 4: Sliding Scale for low-income families (limited slots available). We don’t let money stand in the way of getting the help you need. We offer several low fee/low-cost slots with high-quality therapy services for all individuals in San Diego. No matter where you stand financially, we are here to help you get what you want in life. Please call to discuss rates and options.
- Option 5: $85 per session via Telehealth (online only). Sometimes it doesn’t feel like we can make time to drive out to a session with our busy schedules or limited transportation. Many people prefer Telehealth counseling because it is generally less expensive than traditional therapy (we offer online counseling for $85), saves time by not having to commute, and can be done in the privacy or your own home. Of course, if you prefer sessions by telephone, that is an option also.